Monday, April 6, 2009

Jane is leaving...

Jane Mullikin is returning to So. Florida for a while

Due to health issues and economic considerations, I am going to Lehigh Acres, FL to be with my daughter's family. I have so enjoyed my time in Indianapolis, it is really hard to think about leaving.

There's a wonderfully feisty spirit in Southeast Indianapolis and as many new resident leaders are emerging, the changing scene is gradually reclaiming the glory days and I am quite certain will carry this area to a new place of prominence in the city. It has been most rewarding to be a part of the community building and I look forward to experiencing greater change each time I return to the area.

The lessons I have learned here, the revival of hope in neighborhoods, will be put to good use as I go to an area which was unexpectedly hit hard and is experiencing disillusionment as a result of what has befallen them. Perhaps I can plant a garden and offer a word of encouragement that hope is always there for those who dare.

This is not goodbye, I'm only an email away...

...and the God who loves you is only a whisper away.

NEW!! email address will be janemullikin@gmail.com

3 comments:

vtate said...

Hi Jane,
I will miss you greatly. Your work in South East Neighborhood has been a tremendous support for your neighbors. I know that just because you are in a different part of the country, your work will continue to happen and people will be blessed by your presence.

Respectfully,
Val M. Tate
RLF National Coach

vtate said...

Hi Jane,

I will miss you greatly. You have been an inspiration to your neighborhood and to leaders across the city.

I encourage you to continue to do the great work that you have started here in Indianapolis. If I can help you down there in Florida, just give me a call. After all I could use some sandy clear beaches and sunny skies.

Respectfully,
Val M. Tate
RLF National Coach

Unknown said...

Jane,

I am happy for you and a bit sad for the Southeast neighborhood. You have been a lovely example of hard work, deep passion, and most of all, a loving spirit to everyone you meet. I hope this next leg of your adventure brings you much joy and peace.

Fondly,
Dori Sparks-Unsworth