Thursday, October 9, 2008

Market St Exit Ramp Closure

"PROJECT OPEN MARKET" WORK BRINGS INTERSTATE RAMP CHANGES

The Indianapolis Department of Public Works (DPW) will permanently close the northbound I-65/I-70 exit ramp to Market Street on Friday, October 10, at 7 p.m. Over the weekend, construction on the new northbound I-65/I-70 exit ramp to Washington Street will take place. The Market Street ramp has to be closed during this time in order to tie in the pavement for the new ramp into the existing interstate pavement. Then, on Monday, October 13, at 6 a.m., the new I-65/70 exit ramp to Washington Street will open. This means commuters will now use Washington Street to get downtown, instead of Market Street.

Other traffic changes are expected as work on Project Open Market progresses. DPW encourages residents and motorists to sign up for e-mail traffic alerts at www.indygov.org/dpw/openmarket
.

No comments: